Tuesday, September 8, 2015

And so it begins again . . .

I have completely remiss in posting.  I really wanted this to be a blog about Z's adventures in gymnastics, practice, competing and everything.  Unfortunately, this summer we had some health and family issues that kept Z from her usual practice and she probably lost half of the summer.  Her coach and gym have been great, however, in letting her try to make up some time.  As a result, she has been practicing five days a week for the last five weeks.  But, we are going to find out soon if the extra make up time has been worth it.

Z's first competition is in a mere five days--her first time competing Level 4.  She is beyond excited.

Although we had a lot of issues this summer, and at times thought that she might be done with gymnastics, she has come back with a vengeance.  She is back to only wanting to do gymnastics--no school, no nothing.  She is upset on days when she doesn't have practice.  I hate to tell her that coach is going to stop the one extra day of practice if not tomorrow, then next week.  I think four days a week is enough, especially now that competition season is upon us!

We will have three weekends in a row with competitions, then two weeks off, competition, one week off, and final competition before State.  I know I'm putting the cart before the horse, but I'm really hopeful that she will make State again this year.

Due to her missing practices, she was having some problems with bars, but her coach thinks that she is doing well and is ready for competition.  I don't think that he would let her compete if he didn't think she was ready.  He really cares about the girls and wants them to do well.  I cannot imagine that he would knowingly set her up for failure.

One of her friends from the gym actually moved to another gym earlier this year.  They spent some time together this weekend and it looks like they will actually be competing against each other on Sunday.  While they obviously competed against each other last year, this time it will also be for different teams.  Obviously I haven't seen her friend practice in awhile, but I'm hopeful that she will also do well.

The countdown has begun.  I'll make sure to post after the competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Level 7 Regionals . . . from Zi's perspective

Zi had to write a narrative for school.  She chose to write about her first Regional experience.  I love to see her take on the whole experi...